Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Microbial Home

No, this isn't about what's growing in that stinky, damp dish rag.

Again, I'm tight on time so I'm sponging off of other people for now! And when I found this through my friend Alanna, I knew it needed space to iterate on Green, Broke & Living in Kits.

screenshot - designboom.com

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/view/17397/philips-eco-friendly-microbial-home.html#.T2kIWuPPrDo.facebook

I'll let you 'tour' the home yourself, but I'm suitably impressed. I don't know that I'd want to live in this exact home, but taking several components from here (and maybe an alternative toilet - I just can't imagine that the squatting toilet would be a good idea in the middle of the night, or after coming home from the bar!) and combining them with other sensible and green technologies - I would be quite content!

This reminds me of the cob & hay-bale house I want to build, with the methane-collecting composting toilet and the gas it creates that I can use to heat my hot water. Sigh. It's good to daydream!

No comments:

Post a Comment